Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 6

Compare the countryside of Ireland to the city of Dublin

As we traveled through Ireland during these last couple of days, I've been a part of many different sceneries, including the country, as well as the main city. Every place is unique, in my opinion, and if I had to pick which I prefer, it would take me forever to decide!I have always loved the countryside of many cities in many countries. I absolutely love to be surrounded by nature and the view of the woods, trees, field, mountains, flowers... the list could go on and on. Being able to surrounded by such sceneries is truly an amazing experience, especially in Ireland! Today, we drove through Snowdonia in Wales and the view was spectacular and simply breathtaking :) I couldn't get enough of it, actually. It was beautiful! Overall, I love the countryside, including the farm animals, especially the horses, cows, and sheep! I have to say, there are so many sheep here, it's kind of overwhelming... haha. But it reminds me of New Zealand... a lot!!!


On the other hand, I absolutely love being in the city and I've always considered myself a city girl, as well. I love the city and being surrounded by lots of people, beautiful sights, and many, many stores! Gotta love shopping <3 Main streets are always so full of street performers and interesting people; it definitely emerses me in their culture and way of life. It's not everyday you get to be surrounded by such things in the big cities we're all familiar to, especially Chicago.
I love shopping and together with my friends in Dublin, we literally "shopped till' we dropped"! The city is always full of exciting and spontaneous things, things we never expect, which always keeps me on my toes! That's what I love about the city :)

As you can tell, I can't really decide which side of Ireland I like better...

This morning we woke up at 4, which is pretty early on a trip like this! Surprisingly, I wasn't very tired, rather quite awake, which I found kind of weird. However, by the time we got on our ferry to Wales, I crashed with my friends on the couches inside. Our ferry was pretty much a cruise ship... Everything! Even though Derek said this was a "small or medium-sized ferry". It was loads of fun and something new, that's for sure! After we arrived in Wales after 3 or so hours, we started our road trip to our hotel. We stopped for snacks in a cute little village, of which the name was unprounouncable! Maureen and I got crossaints :)
Later, we stopped at yet another castle. This one was huge though! We literally walked into every corner and alley we could find! We took lots of pictures, including our YOLO one which I love, and had a chance to walk around the village, which was still decorated with Jubilee (celebration of the Queen's 60 years on the throne) decorations and flags. As we made our way closer to the hotel, we drove by Snowdonia, which was completely breathtaking! I felt like I took too many pictures haha. We also stopped by a small tourist site, where there was a waterfall... Beautiful. When we go to our hotel late in the afternoon, since our bus ride took pretty much an entire day, we had dinner (but no dessert...), hung out in our rooms, and played a bunch of games, including Swedish Twister, again! :) Today was a day full of fun and new things! Despite the really long bus ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment